Saturday, July 23, 2011

Book Review: Stolen Fury by Elizabeth Naughton (Love Spell)

Stolen Fury  by Elizabeth Naughton

Reviewed by Heather Hughes


(Spoiler Free)


Blurb:


To unearth a centuries-old secret, an archaeologist must team up with the rakish thief who’s stolen both an ancient relic and her heart…


Oh, is he handsome. And charming. And sexy as all get out. Dr. Lisa Maxwell isn’t the type to go home with a guy she barely knows. But, hey, this is Italy and the red-blooded Rafe Sullivan seems much more enticing than cataloging a bunch of dusty artifacts.


After being fully seduced, Lisa wakes to an empty bed and, worse yet, an empty safe. She’s staked her career as an archaeologist on collecting the three Furies, a priceless set of ancient Greek reliefs. Now the one she had is gone. But Lisa won’t just get mad. She’ll get even.


She tracks Rafe to Florida, and finds the sparks between them blaze hotter than the Miami sun. He may still have her relic, but he’ll never find all three without her. And they’re not the only ones on the hunt. To beat the other treasure seekers, they’ll have to partner up—because suddenly Lisa and Rafe are in a race just to stay alive.

Review:

When I first picked up the Stolen Fury I thought I would be reading a book that dealt with the Greek Gods and Goddess, the Furies, and of course Greece. I didn’t expect to be taken on a wild ride all around the world with a sexy man and a beautiful and feisty heroine. Right from the start I was sucked into the story that was a perfect combination of action and romance.

This book was so much more than I accepted it to be. With all the action, drama, romance, and suspense it was like reading about a romantic Indiana Jones but so much better. I’m the type of person that reads a lot and usually reads multiple books at the same time. At any time I will be reading anywhere from three to four books. When I read Stolen Fury, I forgot about the other books I was reading and in one night had this book done. The next thing I noticed it was three in the morning and I had to be for work at five thirty.

I fell in love with Rafe Sullivan as the man who doesn’t want to be a hero but deep down is really just that. I love the struggle that he has with himself through the book about doing the good things or keeping to the path he has that is just about him and his mom.

Lisa Maxwell is sharp, witty, and beyond interesting. I think that she is one of the best female leads, I’ve read in a book. Lisa has this amazing ability to keep up with Rafe not just while they are running around but also with the verbal sparring back and forth. Here’s an example of what I’m talking about:

“How about to unexpected encounters?” he responded in a voice that was steadier than he expected. “To unexpected encounters.” A smile tugged at the corners of her tantalizing mouth as she tapped her glass against his then took a long swallow.


Hell, there went the marathon sex. Hiding his disappointment, he lifted his own wine and sipped. Her glass lowered. “So, tell me. Do you make a habit out of stalking visiting professors?”


Only when they had something he really wanted. “No.” “Hmm.” She sent him a disbelieving look before walking into the living area where she sat on the plush couch with her wine. He followed and sank next to her. “Are you married, Mr. Garcia?”


He set his glass on the wrought-iron coffee table. “No. You?” 


She shook her head and took another long sip. “Girlfriend?” 


“Not at the moment.”


“Hmm,” she said again, her gaze traveling the length of his body before returning to settle on his eyes. She set her half-empty glass next to his. “And how about this? Are one night stands your thing?”


“I don’t have a thing. Are they yours?” With a smile, she shook her head and leaned forward, slipping the glasses from his face. She folded the stems and put them on the table. “Now that we have all the nice little lies out of the way, why don’t you kiss me like you did before?”



The writing is fabulous and the chemistry between Rafe and Lisa is amazing and there are times that it’s so hot you can feel the heat coming off the pages.  

I enjoy the secondary characters in this book, a lot. Shane and Hailey are characters that I feel in love with right away and wouldn’t have minded to have seen more of them. I even liked the idea about the Furies and couldn’t wait to see more of what was going to happen with then throughout the series.

Stolen Fury is the first one in the Stolen series and trust me when I tell you that the heat just continues with the rest of the books. Next month I’ll be reviewing the second book in the series Stolen Heat.

For Stolen Fury, I give the book Five Flames, my highest rating for a book.
 This book has it all. Drama, Heat, Sex, Suspense, and Action. I highly recommend the book for anyone to add to their list.
 

Heather Hughes
Contemporary Romance and Romantic Mystery Author

Wildcat * And Justice For All *An Apple A Day

Blog * Twitter * Facebook

Copyright © 2011 Heather Hughes
All rights reserved. This is a work of fiction. All names, characters, locations, and incidents are products of the author’s imagination, or have been used fictionally. Any resemblance to actual persons living or dead, locales, or events is entirely coincidental. No portion of this work may be transmitted or reproduced in any form, or by any means, without permission in writing from the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment